12 May 2005

wanna come work with me?

The library where I work in Franklin Park, just a hop, skip, and a jump west of River Forest, is hiring another youth services assistant. It's 19.5 hours a week, $10 an hour--pretty much the same job that I have, except I'm focused more on doing YA programming and you'd be focused more on younger kids. As you can see, our kids' web site needs some serious help (love that clip art!), although at least now all the links work (when I arrived, no one had updated them in about five years).

If you're at all interested in working with kids, I encourage you to apply. It's kind of a nutty place, but I've learned a lot since I started here in February, and I've gotten a good taste of what real life library work is like. If you want to know more about the job, drop me a note: lauracrossett {at} hailmail {dot} net, or you can sometimes catch me on AIM as theblackmolly.

Oh, and here's a link for the job ad again, in case you missed my attempt at clever linking above.

Comments:
Interestinng thoughts
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License