25 June 2005

ALA day 1: illumination rounds

I'm back in the lobby of the Sheraton, putting my feet up and enjoying the free wi-fi, catching up on some blog reading, and generally basking in the librariany energy all around me.

Everybody and his sister is reporting on "Mining the Long Tail: Libraries, Amazoogle and Infinite Availability," the OCLC symposium yesterday, which I did not go to as I had to work. Actually, I must admit, I am still a bit unclear about what the Long Tail is, but I am planning to read the original article sometime in the near future. In any case, here are a couple of reports:
After this sojourn, it's off to find some caffeine and head to the Radical Reference meeting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License