14 June 2005

one more

Another book meme entry, this one from the Librarian in Black. Hey, have I mentioned [warning: shameless name-dropping ahead] that Marilynne Robinson was on my thesis committee when I got my last master's degree? I have yet to read Gilead, but I'm looking forward to it.

In other literary news, the New Yorker is releasing an 8 DVD set of their entire 80-year archive. Great news for those of us who find their web site and general lack of indexing perplexing at best and damnable at worst. As Dominican students, we have the ability to search the magazine via a few databases--from 01/01/2002 to 7 days ago in Literature Resource Center, from 01/05/2004 to present in MAS Ultra - School Edition, from 12/27/1999 to present in LexisNexis Academic--but none go back more than a few years. At that point, you're stuck with the good old Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature (remember that?), which only indexes some of the magazine's articles.

I'll be interested to see how libraries integrate the New Yorker DVD archive into their collections. Let me know if your library acquires it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License