17 July 2005

change

One way I've changed, after a year of library school and a few months of working in a library, is that I am much more demanding of my sources of information. I'm not quite sure how this happened, but now when I'm looking for something on a web site or in a library and I can't find it, I ask. If I have an idea about how information could be made more accessible or more helpful, I suggest it. Sometimes that suggestion goes nowhere, but sometimes the results are faster and better than I could have imagined.

For instance, the other day I was reading the PLA Blog. They have these great round-ups of public library news from all over the country, but it was often hard to tell where exactly the different articles were from (there are, after all, a great many Springfields in this nation). So I wrote in to ask if maybe they could include the city and state of the library in question. They wrote back saying, hey, good idea, and the next day, lo and behold:
We had a request to add the city and state of the library being discussed in each article. I will also add links to the library's web site as well. I hope this enhances your PLA Blog reading pleasure.
Thanks, Steve, and thanks PLA Blog!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License